You know what; we have a foreign exchange student living with us this year and it is very enlightening. It is a young lady 15 yrs old. We love her almost as if we would a child of our own, it is just about like having a step child. But some where in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder what the final out come is meant to be. From her side- mother. She is from a single parent family, so I am really about the only person she can say is like a (dad) to her. Where did this program get started by whom, why. Is this just another way for our country to become rife with every culture and belief that there is in the world. We have already ,in my 62 years seen our nation become over run with pornography, gay and lesbian rights, ILLEGALS- demanding the same rights that citizens are entitled to. Not working toward citizenship, just demanding-what the heck is going on here anyway.
Just look where we are now, we have so many entitlement programs now that I could probably get free government grant money to study the most out- landish thing I could possibly think of.
Could this be a means of getting more people into our country? I think it is great if they will become citizens and become part of the nation and not try to keep their old ways from the old country. They must renounce the past -not forget it. Then take hold of their future in their new world and life here in the United States.
It is going to be very hard on me when she has to go home. There are a few things about her that really drive me kind of nuts but I don't want to change the way she is put together and then send her home just to have to start over again when she gets there. So I am learning to live with it.
Like I said she is from a single parent family, it was kind of funny but not really, when she first got here she says that she thought she was here as a maid, not used to doing any CHORES. Here at our house we have chores to be done. no excuses. She was under the impression that she was going to eat, sleep study, and go to school---wrong. Well at any rate it has been an eye opener for all of us. We are close, and I like it I think that we all do. Our whole family -extended is about 20 that are close around here really enjoy her.
Well done for another day
thanks
IDAHOJO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete